Full Sail University’s Hall of Fame Sessions
The virtual Hall of Fame Sessions are open to the public and features graduates, who are now industry experts sharing their experiences and expertise with the public.
10:00 AM ET
Presentation Title: Designing Characters for Motion Graphics
Session Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMfvyDoLbR0
The creation and implementation of characters in motion graphics generate a unique set of challenges and opportunities for designers. Hear from two grads with extensive experience in designing motion graphics characters that are not only engaging, but also functional.
- Michael Cardwell – Hall of Fame inductee, Owner – Digital Brew
- Douglas Jarman – 2009 Computer Animation Grad, Creative Director – Digital Brew
12:00 PM ET
Presentation Title: The Many Paths to UX
Session Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzqzIqv4nA8
While “user experience” certainly has a specific definition, it’s also a field that offers a wide range of roles for people with different experience and backgrounds. In this session, product design manager and Hall of Fame inductee will discuss just a few of the possibilities that exist in the fast-growing field of user experience design.
- Margaret Haag – Hall of Fame inductee, Product Design Manager – Invitae
2:00 PM ET
Presentation Title: Get a Job! What Game Studios Look at When Hiring Audio Pros
Session Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kpIp7JjqsU
Audio is an essential component of the game development process, and the professionals in this field possess a unique and specific set of skills. Hear from two pros about how audio pros fit into the process and what it takes to get an audio role at a game studio.
- Mark Kilborn – Hall of Fame Inductee, Senior Lead Audio Designer – Certain Affinity
- Josh Davidson – 2007 Recording Arts grad, Senior Lead Sound Designer – Gearbox
4:00 PM ET
Presentation Title: Meet the 2021 Full Sail Hall of Fame Inductees
Session Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I23Haead6k
We are kicking off the celebration of Hall of Fame 12 with a special virtual session introducing this year’s class of inductees. Get your first chance to hear from this special group of grads and ask a few questions, too.
- Stephanie Dawson – Producer, WNET Group, PBS Great Performances
- Bobby Jones – Founder & CEO of Purple, Rock, Scissors [PRPL]
- Narie Kay – Senior Producer at Zynga
- Phil Pallen – Brand Strategist & Keynote Speaker on Personal Branding
- Tom Todia – Audio Director at Electronic Arts & Co-Founder at Engine Audio
- Justin Rathbun – CAS A1 and Production Sound Engineer/Broadway Production of Hamilton (via pre-recorded message)