George Aguel and Tim Giuliani Named as Co-Chairs
Orange County, Fla. – In an effort to work on a measured approach to restarting the local economy from the COVID-19 pandemic, Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings announced the creation of the ‘Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force’ that will be co-chaired by the President of Visit Orlando, George Aguel and Tim Giuliani, the President of the Orlando Economic Partnership.
“These are some of the best and brightest minds in our community, and the public-private Task Force will come up with recommendations to reopen Orange County using the most safe and sensible avenues possible,” said Mayor Jerry Demings.
“I am confident we will be able to get Orange County and Orlando on the way to economic recovery while we save both lives and livelihoods.”
The group will consist of nearly 50 individuals representing local hospitals, theme parks, financial institutions, hotels, small businesses and non-profit economic development agencies. The Task Force will also include representatives from Lake, Osceola and Seminole Counties.
“One of the most significant strengths we have as a destination is our history of working together as a community, especially in times of crisis,” said George Aguel, President & CEO of Visit Orlando.
“On behalf of the thousands of tourism businesses we represent, we are grateful for Mayor Demings’ leadership in establishing this Task Force as a united effort to achieve a successful recovery.”
The group will focus on recommendations for reopening Orange County, including a phased approach to easing restrictions, while ensuring the safety of employees and the public.
“The Partnership continues to hear from our local businesses who have been greatly impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. While many are hoping to reopen soon, we must ensure a safe and thoughtful environment so that our economy can thrive once again,” said President of the Orlando Economic Partnership Tim Giuliani.
“That is why I am eager to serve our business community as the Co-Chair of the Economic Recovery Task Force. I applaud Mayor Demings for his leadership throughout this difficult time and we stand ready to work together.”
The first meeting is set for Wednesday, April 22, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and will be conducted virtually.
Orange TV will carry the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting live. Viewing options include Channel 488 on Spectrum, Channel 9 on Comcast, 1081 CenturyLink Prism TV, WSWF Channel 10.2 (over the air), stream live at www.ocfl.net/orangetv and you can view via the Orange TV app on ROKU in the Education category.
- Orlando Economic Partnership, Tim Giuliani, President
- Visit Orlando, George Aguel, President
- Advent Health, Scott Brady, MD, Senior Vice President of Ambulatory Services
- Alfond Inn, Jesse Martinez, General Manager
- Black Business Investment Fund (BBIF), Inez Long, President and CEO
- CareerSource Central Florida Pamela Nabors, President and CEO
- Central Florida Auto Dealers Association, Evelyn Cardenas, CEO
- Church Street Entertainment, Doug Taylor, Managing Partner
- Darden Restaurants, Dave George, EVP and Chief Operating Officer
- Don Julio’s Mexican Kitchen, Florencio “Larry” Rodriguez, Owner
- Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Kathy Ramsberger, President & CEO
- Florida Department of Health in Orange County, Raul Pino, MD, Director
- Highwood Properties, Steve Garrity, Vice President
- J Henry’s Barber Shop, John Henry, Owner
- Johnny Rivers Grill & Market, Johnny Rivers, Owner
- Lake County Agency for Economic Prosperity, Brandon Matulka, Executive Director
- M.C. Spa & Nail Bar , Mary Chau, Founder and CEO
- Mosaic Hair Studio, Mike Van del Abbeel, Salon Owner
- National Entrepreneur Center, Jerry Ross, Executive Director
- Nelson, Mullins/Broad and Cassel, Wayne Rich, Of Counsel
- Orange County Public Schools , Barbara Jenkins, Ed.D, Superintendent
- Orlando City Soccer, Alex Leitao, CEO
- Orlando Health, George Ralls, MD, Medical Chief Quality Officer
- Orlando International Airport, Phil Brown, CEO
- Orlando Magic, Alex Martins, CEO
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater, Douglas Love-Ramos, President
- Orlando Venues, Allen Johnson, Chief Venues Officer
- Osceola County, John Newstreet, President/CEO Kissimmee Chamber
- Prospera, Augusto Sanabria, President and CEO
- Rejoice in the Lord Ministries & President, African American Council of Christian Clergy, Pastor Roderick Zak, CEO
- Rosen Shingle Creek, Dan Giordano, General Manager
- SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Brad Gilmour, Vice President of Operations
- Seminole County Government, Tricia Johnson, Deputy County Manager/Chief Administrator for Community Relations and Economic Development
- The Mall at Millennia, Steve Jamison, General Manager
- Truist, Sandy Hostetter, Central Florida Regional President
- UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Youcheng Wang, Ph.D., Dean
- Unicorp National Development, Chuck Whittall, President
- Universal Orlando, Rich Costales, Executive Vice President of Resort Operations
- Vineyard Wine Bar & Healthy Bistro, Deborah Linden, Owner
- VMD Ventures, Harold Mills, CEO
- Walmart, Inc., Monesia Brown, Director of Public Affairs and Government Relations
- Walt Disney World Resort, Thomas Mazloum, Senior Vice President, Resort & Transportation Operations
- WaWa, Todd Souders, Senior Director of Florida Operations and New Market Development
- YMCA of Central Florida, Dan Wilcox, President & CEO
Orange County Government Public Information Officer
About Orange County Government:
Orange County Government strives to serve its citizens and guests with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes 13 municipalities and is home to world-famous theme parks, the nation’s second-largest convention center, and a thriving life science research park. Seven elected members make up the Board of County Commissioners including the Mayor who is elected countywide. For more information, please visit www.OCFL.net or go to the Orange County Facebook and Twitter pages.