WINTER GARDEN, FL – Community Health Centers (CHC) continues to monitor the activity of COVID-19. We are working with state and community partners under the guidance of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health (DOH), and local county health departments to stay informed regarding coronavirus.
The statewide mandatory Stay at Home order allows individuals to go to medical appointments or visit their pharmacy.
- All Community Health Centers’ locations will remain open with no disruption in hours of operation.
- All CHC dental locations are offering immediate appointments for dental emergencies and urgent care for all ages.
- Our optometry department is mailing our glasses at no cost to our patients.
- We are encouraging our pharmacy patients to utilize our free mail-order prescription service with up to a 90-day supply.
- TeleHealth is now offered to existing Behavioral Health patients. Other specialties will be offered soon.
- Please limit entry to the centers to a single individual if possible.
To schedule an appointment, please call the appointment line at (407) 905-8827 or (352) 314-7400.
We are prepared for the possibility of having to respond to a Person Under Investigation (PUI) by implementing procedures, resources and capabilities to lessen the impacts on our communities and team members.
We continue screening all patients and team members for risks and symptoms of COVID-19 infection. CHC has obtained the necessary equipment and protection for team members to provide COVID-19 testing for current CHC patients. For non-CHC patients, per DOH and CDC recommendations, those are instructed to call their Primary Care Provider or their county health department as appropriate from home to control the transmission.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then, throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Use social distancing measures.
- Take advantage of pick-up and delivery services.
- Avoid handshaking.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
About Community Health Centers, Inc.
Community Health Centers, Inc. (CHC), a Federally Qualified Health Center, provides quality and compassionate primary healthcare services to insured, uninsured, underinsured, and underserved children and adults within Central Florida. CHC provides care to more than 66,000 patients, each year, in the Apopka, Bithlo, Clermont, Forest City, Groveland, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, Tavares and Winter Garden communities.