Amy Cameron O’Rourke founded The Cameron Group in 1999, with boundless enthusiasm and motivation to make life better for the Central Florida Aging Community. She began her business at her dining room table and today has over 75 employees.
Caring for an older adult requires a passionate, imaginative approach. TCG helps families plan for the future and solve any and all problems that may bring.
They provide guidance for families with aging parents with:
- Crisis intervention and management.
- Guidance toward securing benefits, such as VA, Medicaid, or Medicare.
- Coordinate and manage services to help older adults thrive at home or in facilities.
- Arrange, screen, and monitor in-home help.
- Coordinate any transitions or residence moves.
- Review financial or legal issues and refer to appropriate professionals.
The year Amy spent as a client of ATHENA PowerLink was a pivotal year of growth for the company. Her ATHENA business mentoring panel helped her select and install a new software program creating new efficiencies for her staff. Additionally, the panel spurred her on to secure a Home Health Care license, which allowed TCG to provide more personal care to their clients.
The number they are most proud of is they have helped over 17,000 elders and their families get the most out of this time of life.
NAME: Amy Cameron O’Rourke
COMPANY: The Cameron Group
YEARS IN THE AREA: 17
YEARS AT COMPANY: 17